Muse du Jour

My name is Marianne Plumridge. I am an artist of mythic fantasy works and fine art images. I also satisfy my creative muse with sewing, cooking, writing and reading. These are my thoughts and adventures with whichever muse drives me each day. You can find more of my art at www.marianneplumridgeart.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Paint out in Salem, MA...

Sandra's Gargoyle
(6x8", Oil) Price: $100.00

Bob and I went off to Salem, MA, yesterday to give a painting demonstration. Well, we painted and The Art Corner patrons, as well as shop staff peeked over our shoulders. The Art Corner is a framing shop and gallery which does a brisk business on Washington Street in Salem, and occasionally makes room for us to come up and paint in the window along with fellow artist, Charles (Chuck) Lang. We have a relaxing time and chat while we paint. We also consumed way too much chocolate and pizza, but never mind. This was a special day, because numerous businesses had wonderful ice sculptures out the front of their premises - and usually the lure of chocolate within - as a pre-Valentine's day art event. So, inevitably, we were the floor show. Mind you, we did chat a bit throughout - with each other as well as customers - and played guess that tune. The shop has a 200 cd jukebox style player that was in 'shuffle' mode, so it was a chance to see who could come up with what obscure song/movie soundtrack title first.

I'd spent all of Friday morning playing with Photoshop and making up mixed flyers for our painting a day blogsites to hand out. They looked really good up there next to the chocolates. I know, chocs again. I had way too many.

Anyway, above is the painting I did of Sandra Lira's gargoyle sculpture. Sandra is a friend as well as a fellow artist, and this is a breakthrough piece for her. It has been molded and cast in a variety of mediums and is sold via various catalogues and shops. This is one of the huge garden variety, and sits in another friends garden. I took photos there some years back, and always wanted to paint the gargoyle in situ. He doesn't look too bad - the painting either.

Meanwhile, here is Bob painting his first landscape of the day. Beautiful isn't it? He did another of a castle after that. God he's fast. Brilliant, but fast...



And here is Chuck working on his apples painting. It looked pretty darn good when he finished it. I was kind of hoping he'd call it 'Stop/Go' or somegthing similar, because of all the red and green... It was also Chuck's birthday. Happy Birthday again, Chuck...


And this is my brand new little painting box: a 6x8" Thumbox from the Guerilla Painter series. Cool, huh? Just my size! And there's the Gargoyle painting sitting up on it...

Well, we had a really great time and want to do it again soon. I'll let you know.
Cheers
Marianne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized that was your gargoyle painting! I saw the picture on Bob's blog. Now that I know you're out here, I might link you to my LJ page too! :-)

1:51 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Elka!

Welcome to my blog world. Yep, I've got one too - two even. Daub du Jour is my own Painting a Day site as well. Look for it on my links on this page.

Thanks for stopping by. :-D

Marianne

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home